Representing client across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With Offices in Philadelphia, Blue Bell & Cherry Hill. Toll Free: 484-351-0350
What Your Insurance Adjuster Won’t Tell You
Question: I selected the limited tort option on my car insurance policy. The other driver caused the accident. The insurance adjuster for the other driver’s insurance company told me that because I selected limited tort, I can’t make a claim for my pain and suffering. Is this true?
Answer: Insurance adjusters work for companies who profit from scaring you away from making a claim that will cost them money. Many clients with a limited tort policy are under the impression that they won’t be able to make a recovery, but this is often not true. There are several circumstances where you can still recover substantial money for pain and suffering even if you selected limited tort on your insurance policy.
If you selected limited tort, you can still recover money for your pain and suffering if:
1. Your injury turns out to be serious. You can recover money for your pain and suffering if:
- your injury lasts long enough
- if more serious injuries are diagnosed (for example, a fracture or a herniated disc in you back or neck)
- if you require surgery for an accident caused injury
2. You were hit by a drunk driver.
3. You were injured on something other than a private passenger vehicle (like a commercial vehicle, bus, motorcycle or as a pedestrian).
You were on a motorcycle when you were hurt.
4. The driver who caused the accident was operating a vehicle that is registered outside of Pennsylvania.
5. Your injury wasn’t serious when you made your first claim, but it hasn’t improved or has gotten worse.
In any case, contacting the limited tort lawyers at Ostroff Injury Law will be worth your while. They can tell you for sure if you’re entitled to a recovery, even under limited tort. Clients are often surprised to learn we’re able to help them after their insurance adjuster told them otherwise. With one phone call we can tell you whether you have a case of not. There’s nothing to lose. Labels: auto accident, auto insurance, limited tort insurance
We Give Insurance Companies 30 Days to Pay You or We Sue
Jon Ostroff and his attorneys at Ostroff Injury Law have been gathering evidence and winning these cases for almost 20 years. They know how to demonstrate negligence to a jury and get you the money to pay for your medical costs and pain and suffering.
In fact, Jon is so confident he can win for you that if he accepts your case, he’ll institute his unique “30 Days to Settle™” program. This means that he’ll give the insurance company 30 days to settle™ and pay you or he’ll sue. And lawsuits are where the Ostroff Injury Law attorneys shine.
Call Ostroff Injury Law today at 484-351-0350 to get a free consultation. We’ll tell you if we can help you and when you can expect to get your money.
Submit a Case or Call Today
Fill out the form below our offices at 484-351-0350 to speak to one of our top-rated personal injury attorneys and learn more about the legal options for your accident claim. We’ll be in touch within 24 hours!
Fill out my online form.